We are excited to share the results of the First Annual Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon, which was held on Saturday, January 9, 2016 at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington. More than 100 triathletes competed in the Medley or Run, Row, Bike Triathlon competitions. Between the fundraising and athletic competitions, teams raised more than $13,000 for their favorite charities (as of 1/10/16)! Full results are below. Thanks to everyone who made the Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon a tremendous success, and we look forward to seeing you at our 2nd Annual Winter Indoor Triathlon in 2017 (or at the 2nd Annual Race to First 5K and Adventure Challenge Relay coming up on Saturday April 30, 2016). Download the results as a PDF here.
Winter 2015 Race to Raise Fundraising Competition Results
Our teams raised more than $12,000 for different nonprofits ahead of the Winter Race to Raise fundraising competition deadline at 11:59 p.m. on January 8, 2016. Finishing in first place and winning an additional $300 for Musella Foundation for Brain Cancer Research & Information is Team Spagnoletti & Associates ($4,560 raised). Finishing in second place and winning an additional $200 for University of Delaware's Men's Crew program is Team University of Delaware Men's Crew ($2,855 raised). Finishing in third place and winning an additional $100 for Mosaic in Delaware is Team Mosaic in Delaware ($1,748 raised). Team Spagnoletti & Associates also wins the 99.5 WJBR First Place Advertising Prize (an advertising package worth $5000) and the University of Delaware Men's Crew Team also wins the 99.5 WJBR Second Place Advertising Prize (an advertising package worth $3000). Congrats to these and of our fundraising teams!
The team fundraising pages will remain open until January 31, 2016 for any additional donations. These pages will be updated to reflect the cash prizes awarded or won as part of the Winter Race to Raise fundraising competition and the Indoor Triathlon.
Delaware Charity Challenge Indoor Triathlon Results
The Delaware Charity Challenge Indoor Triathlon consisted of two different competitive events, a Medley Triathlon competition and a Run, Row, Bike Triathlon competition. Teams could put as many 3-person squads or individuals as they liked to compete in either or both competitions. The Run, Row, Bike competition was also open to individual competitors. At the triathlon, each competition consisted of a 15 minute race on a treadmill, a 15 minute bike race on a spin bike, and a 15 minute row/erg on a rowing machine. In the Medley Triathlon division, members of each team completed one of the three events. In the Run, Row, Bike Triathlon division, individuals or teams completed all three events. The team and individual scores are broken down below.
Medley Triathlon Results
1. Foschi Photography for Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation (7.67 miles) - $100 prize awarded to Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation
1. University of Delaware Men's Crew (11.32 miles) - $100 prize awarded to University of Delaware Men's Crew
2. Innovincent (Combined Campaign for Justice) (10.24 miles)
3. CrossFit Riverfront for Faithful Friends (9.34 miles)
Co-Ed (M, M, F) Division
1. Christiana PA's (9.60 miles) - $100 prize awarded to Friends of Wilmington Parks
2. Friends of Wilmington Parks (8.41 miles)
3. CrossFit Riverfront for Faithful Friends (7.51 miles)
Co-Ed (F, F, M) Division
1. Clark's Sharks for Mike Clark Legacy Foundation (7.81 miles) - $100 prize awarded to Mike Clark Legacy Foundation
2. Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund (6.00 miles)
Run, Row, Bike Indoor Triathlon Results
1. Clark's Sharks for Mike Clark Legacy Foundation (33.55 miles) - $100 prize awarded to Mike Clark Legacy Foundation
2. University of Delaware Men's Crew (Squad 3 - Zavala, Beardell, McCraig) (31.10 miles)
3. University of Delaware Men's Crew (Squad 1 - Frezza, Fingerhut, Bachanach) (30.42 miles)
Co-Ed (F, F, M Division)
1. Spagnoletti & Associates for Musella Foundation for Brain Cancer Research & Information (22.7 miles) - $100 prize awarded to Musella Foundation for Brain Cancer Research & Information
Individual Competitor Division (Women)
1. J. Bunora (13.08 miles) - $100 prize donated to Mike Clark Legacy Foundation
2. S. Jordan (8.78 miles)
3. J. Theyerl (8.56 miles)
Individual Competitor Division (Men)
1. C. Hall (9.75 miles) - $100 prize donated to Mike Clark Legacy Foundation
2. M. Fiss (8.52 miles)
3. P. Townsend
Kids 12 & Under Division
1. M. Fiss (3.76 miles)
We wanted to introduce a fun element to the Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Games, not unlike the Adventure Challenge Relay, which we do as part of the Delaware Charity Challenge 5K in the Spring. It was a big hit and teams seemed to enjoy it. There were two heats, with winners advancing to the finals. In the end, Team Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund won the scooter race and a $100 prize for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund.
Full Results and Records
You can download the official results here. Next year will be even better once as we continue to gather and evaluate feedback from all of our competitors. Thanks again!
Official Overall Results (PDF) - All divisions, all competitors