Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon Raises Over $14,000 For Area Charities
Wilmington, DE, January 12, 2016 – Innovincent, a Wilmington, DE based consulting firm that specializes in helping nonprofits with strategic planning and fundraising, is pleased to announce that over $14,000 was raised at the Delaware Charity Challenge Indoor Triathlon as part of its first winter fundraising and athletic competition. The event took place on January 9, 2016 at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, Delaware. Over 100 triathletes competed in both competitions, raising money for or representing thirteen different charities.
The Delaware Charity Challenge is a unique fundraising and athletic competitions designed to give organizations, families, and individuals a fun way to raise money and awareness for their favorite causes.
The winning team in the Winter Race to Raise fundraising competition was Spagnoletti & Associates, which raised $4,560 for its nonprofit beneficiary, Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research & Information. The University of Delaware Men's Crew Team finished second, raising $2,855 on behalf of its University team at University of Delaware. Team Mosaic in Delaware raised the third highest amount of $1,748. Team LLS Survivors, raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, raised $1,000. For finishing in the top three in the Winter Race to Raise, Team Spagnoletti & Associates won an additional $300 for Musella Foundation, the University of Delaware Men's Crew team won an additional $200 for its club team, and Team Mosaic in Delaware won an additional $100 for Mosaic.
In addition to the $600 in cash prizes awarded by Innovincent, the two teams that raised the most money (Spagnoletti & Associates and University of Delaware Men's Crew) won advertising packages from 99.5 WJBR, the Media Sponsor for the Delaware Charity Challenge Winter Indoor Triathlon and Spring 5K and Adventure Challenge Relay.
Donors can continue to donate to any of the team fundraising pages and to their selected charities (on crowdrise.com/challengeDE) until January 31, 2016.
"Between the spring 5K and the winter indoor triathlon, teams have raised nearly $50,000 for area nonprofits through the Delaware Charity Challenge," says Charlie Vincent, president of Innovincent LLC, the company behind the Delaware Charity Challenge. "I'm excited to see how much bigger these competitions will grow in our second year (2016) and beyond."
More than 100 athletes signed up to compete in the Delaware Charity Challenge winter games. The two category races were the Medley Triathlon and the Run, Row, Bike Triathlon. Both competitions consisted of athletes racing 15 minutes on a treadmill, 15 minutes on a spin bike, and 15 minutes on a rowing machine. For the Medley Triathlon, teammates each completed one of the three events. In the Run, Row, Bike Triathlon, they completed all three. During the triathlon, teams also had a chance to race each other in a short, fun scooter race.
- Team Foschi Photography won the Medley Women's Division and $100 for Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation.
- University of Delaware Men's Crew won the Medley Men's Division and an additional $100 on behalf of their University of Delaware team, for a total of $400 won for University of Delaware Men's Crew through the Delaware Charity Challenge.
- Team Christiana PA's won the Medley Co-Ed (M, M, F) Division and awarded their $100 prize to Friends of Wilmington Parks.
- Team Clark's Sharks won a total of $400 for Mike Clark Legacy Foundation (MCLF). Squads from Team Clark's Sharks won the Medley Co-Ed (F, F, M) and the Run, Row, Bike Men's Divisions, and teammate Chuck Hall won the Individual Run, Row, Bike Men's Division. Jennifer Bunora won the Women's Individual Run, Row, Bike Division and designated MCLF to receive her $100 prize.
- Team Spagnoletti & Associates won the Medley Co-Ed (F, F, M) Division and an additional $100 for Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research and Information, for a total of $400 won for Musella Foundation through the Delaware Charity Challenge. Many other teams and individuals also competed in these divisions.
- Team Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund won the Scooter Race and a $100 prize for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund.
The Delaware Charity Challenge will be back on April 30, 2016 with the 2nd Annual Delaware Charity Challenge Race to First 5K and Adventure Challenge Relay. The Spring 2016 Race to Raise will begin February 1, 2016 and continue until 11:59 p.m. on April 29, 2016. The next Delaware Charity Challenge Indoor Triathlon will be held in January 2017.
For more information about the Delaware Charity Challenge, visit delawarecharitychallenge.com. To see the teams and nonprofits represented and what they raised, visit crowdrise.com/challengeDE. Links to previous team fundraising competition results are also available on those websites.
About Innovincent LLC
Innovincent LLC is a Wilmington, DE based consulting firm that specializes in helping nonprofits with strategic planning and fundraising development and is the presenting sponsor of the Delaware Charity Challenge.